VICE PRESIDENT, NETWORK MANAGEMENT & PARTNERSHIP
Health Alliance, a 250,000 member physician sponsored health plan and part of Carle Health System, is seeking executive leadership for Health Alliance’s provider network, which includes oversight of contracting services, provider relations, member services, network management and compliance ultimately meeting the system’s goal of developing High Performing Networks of Care.
Carle is a not-for-profit, locally owned and operated three hospital healthcare system that includes Carle Foundation Hospital, a 413-bed Level 1 Trauma Center, Carle Physician Group boasting 450+ physicians and over 650 total providers, and Health Alliance, the largest health plan in downstate Illinois with hundreds of network hospitals and provider groups in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Washington.
- Provide executive leadership to the Provider Network Management Department and will be responsible for setting clearly defined expectations, communication standards and collaborative principles
- Have accountability to create a high performing health care system for Health Alliance members that will offer affordable, high quality care and positive customer experience
- Develop a support model and culture centered on developing provider networks that align with the organization’s strategic and operational goals, while ensuring access to optimal care within the communities that Health Alliance serves
- Build credibility and trust across the system and have the diplomacy and forcefulness to make decisions and drive change
- Interface directly with key system executives to support network expansion through the development of new provider partnerships and opportunities for collaboration
The Vice President will report directly to the Health Alliance, Chief Administrative Officer and System Chief Operating Officer and will function in a heavily matrixed environment. Furthermore, this role will assist to cultivate and manage external relationships while internally being a champion of the Carle culture and be instrumental in communicating the “big picture” of the organization.
Experience and Qualifications
- A dynamic and mature leader with strong business acumen and impeccable communication skills
- Minimum ten (10) years of experience working with a health plan or in the health insurance industry
- Minimum five (5) years of progressive leadership experience in provider contracting or network management
- Leadership or work experience within an integrated health care delivery system with a large employed physician group is preferred
- Master’s degree in health/business administration, health care management, finance or related field required
Headquartered in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, Carle services approximately 1.5 million residents in 22 counties in Central/Eastern Illinois and Western Indiana. Carle has one of the largest outpatient treatment centers in Illinois and encompasses fourteen regional branch clinics. Home to the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana is a diverse community of 195,000, which offers cultural, sporting and entertainment options typically associated with much larger cities. The community is centrally located two hours from Chicago and Indianapolis and three hours from St. Louis.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume to:
Stratum Med, Inc.
102 East Main St. Suite 500
Urbana, IL 61801
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.