Carle is actively seeking a proven leader to help lead the planning and development of new business, partnership opportunities, product development and market planning for Health Alliance Medical Plans, insuring alignment with system strategy and business development activities. This role will require a high caliber professional with strong business acumen who is adept at new business and partnership pursuits, as well as financial growth and expansion.
Carle is a not-for-profit, locally owned and operated healthcare system that includes Carle Foundation Hospital, a 413-bed Level 1 Trauma Center, Carle Physician Group boasting 450+ physicians and over 650 total providers and Health Alliance, the largest health plan in downstate Illinois with hundreds of network hospitals and 250,000 members in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Washington.
- Operates as a part of the integrated Strategy and Business Development Division
- Interfaces with key system leaders to contribute to the strategy and development of the entire enterprise
- Helps lead the organization’s relationship development efforts in identified markets with the intention of establishing risk partnerships, facilitating business planning and leveraging system resources for success
- Through a strong content knowledge of the healthcare industry, assess new partnerships and business opportunities and the potential impact with respect to financial, strategic, operational and market implications
- Formulate strategic recommendations in response to changes in the global healthcare environment
- Partner with system-wide leadership in the identification and expansion of new and/or existing programs and services
- Assist to develop and cultivate relationships with regional partners
- Must be a champion of the Carle culture and will be instrumental in communicating the “big picture” of the organization
Skillsets and Requirements
- A strong self-motivated leader with impeccable communication skills
- A minimum of ten (10) years of management experience in healthcare
- A minimum of three (3) years of Director level management experience within a health insurance environment
- Experience with Medicare and commercial risk programs is preferred
- Experience with engaging providers in the risk sharing models and engaging in care delivery transformation is preferred
- A Master’s degree in health/business administration or related field, or equivalent experience is required.
- Reports directly to the System Executive, Enterprise Strategy and Development
- Functions in a heavily matrixed environment and will interface through a dyad relationship with the Health Alliance Chief Medical Officer, the Health Alliance Vice President Strategy and Growth, and the Health Alliance Vice President Health System Partnerships
- Oversees the Product Development and Market Intelligence teams
- Close working relationship with the Sales Team and the Vice President of Health Alliance Partnerships
Headquartered in Champaign-Urbana, Illinois, Carle services approximately 1.5 million residents in 22 counties in Central/Eastern Illinois and Western Indiana. Carle has one of the largest outpatient treatment centers in Illinois and encompasses fourteen regional branch clinics. Home to the University of Illinois, Champaign-Urbana is a diverse community of 195,000, which offers cultural, sporting and entertainment options typically associated with much larger cities. The community is centrally located two hours from Chicago and Indianapolis and three hours from St. Louis.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to forward a resume to:
Stratum Med, Inc.
102 East Main St. Suite 500
Urbana, IL 61801
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.