ACHP plans provide individual coverage to over 1.3 million Americans both on and off the public health insurance exchanges. We are committed to ensuring that Americans continue to have access to high quality care at a cost they can afford. ACHP advocates for sufficient financial assistance for the Americans who need it and affordable coverage options for working families across the country.
Market Stabilization and Affordable Coverage
ACHP plans are dedicated to the health of nearly 20 million beneficiaries and the wellbeing of the communities they serve. They believe in the importance of access to preventive and comprehensive care and have consistently offered robust coverage, regardless of geographic location or health status of their members. ACHP looks for opportunities to work with Congress on ways to reduce costs without jeopardizing coverage gains. At the same time, ACHP encourages Congress to thoughtfully address challenges in the current system while maintaining stable, affordable insurance markets for all Americans.
- Letter to CMS on Proposed 2019 Payment Rules for ACA Coverage
- Letter to Senate leadership on Graham-Cassidy Bill, September 2017
- Letter to Senate Chairmen Hatch and Alexander on Market Stabilization, January 2017
- Letter to Congressional Committee Chairs on Recommendations for Health Reforms, March 2017
- Letter to Senate leadership on Recommendations for Health Reforms, May 2017
- Letter to Congressional Leadership requesting funding of CSR payments, April 2017
- Letter to Senate Leadership requesting funding for financial assistance, May 2017
ACHP is committed to a stable individual market that provides predictability to health plans and offers affordable access to coverage for consumers.
We support establishing a national reinsurance program to help lower premium costs–a position shared by 70 percent of Americans.
We have also strongly advocated for the full, long-term funding of the ACA’s cost sharing reduction (CSR) subsides, so that working Americans can purchase coverage they can afford. Fully funded CSR subsidies will help stabilize health insurance markets and allow our plans to set affordable premiums.
ACHP has expressed concern about the potential impact of proposals to expand association health plans and allow the sale of insurance across state lines.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.