REPORTS TO: Director, Market Strategy and Analytics
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Senior Manager of Data Analytics plays a key role in ACHP’s analytic work that demonstrates the differentiated value our member organizations provide to their communities. This individual designs and oversees both quantitative and qualitative assessments of health plan performance, with a focus in the areas of federal policy and markets. The analysis and insights allow ACHP member organizations to understand their market positioning and quantify the impact of the key policy issues on ACHP’s advocacy agenda. It also is a key piece of ACHP’s external communications work, demonstrating our members’ superior value. The senior manager collaborates closely with executives at member organizations to coordinate learning events that promote innovative thinking and solutions to the critical issues. Successful candidates will employ a thorough knowledge of health plan operations and data, experience with database and query software, as well as an understanding of analytic techniques to produce high quality deliverables. This individual should be passionate about high-quality, affordable care and be an idea-generator who can help ACHP and its members further these goals. This position affords opportunity for rapid learning and growth for individuals who thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced environment. The senior manager plays a key role in the overall success of the organization, constantly identifying ways to enhance our data analytics capabilities.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead quantitative research and studies on key issues related to community-based health plans such as patient-centered care, health quality outcomes and affordability.
- Develop issue briefs, white papers, research articles, and presentations using rigorous methodological approaches to further our lobbying and research agenda.
- Direct team members to collect, record, analyze, and evaluate data and information to identify data trends.
- Oversee staff as they develop spreadsheets, reports, and presentations to present findings.
- Analyze public and member-reported datasets to better understand quality, competitive market landscape, and business impacts.
- Oversee ACHP’s suite of databases, tools and resources.
- Develop and lead analytic presentations to clearly and concisely convey insights for key internal and external audiences.
- Build close relationships with executives at member organizations to identify and develop solutions for critical issues affecting their success.
- Manage work groups that consist of senior leaders and executives from member organizations.
- Work closely with ACHP policy and clinical innovations staff to advance the ACHP advocacy agenda and clinical priorities, including Medicare Advantage and the public program quality rating system.
- Work with ACHP’s analytic team to continuously enhance our analytic offerings by identifying and implementing new data sources and analytic approaches.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, public policy, public health, business, computer science, or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in healthcare research, policy and quantitative analysis.
- Significant healthcare project management experience.
- Strong healthcare policy analysis and research experience.
- Quantitative skills that include the ability to create data visualizations, be facile with descriptive statistics, understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate evaluations of various data collection methodologies into analytic assessments.
- Advanced experience statistical, database and data visualization software including MS Access and Excel, SAS, and Tableau; ability to create Access or SQL databases.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of health care data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
- Knowledge of Medicare Advantage and public exchange regulatory environments (payment structures, risk mitigation, etc.).
- Advanced knowledge of health care markets including commercial and public lines of business.
- Understanding of health plan clinical operations; experience working at a health plan a plus.
- Ability to make the connections between health care policy and real-world business dynamics.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is in an office environment
- May be occasionally required to stand, walk or reach with arms
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Senior Manager, Data Analytics, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.