REPORTS TO: VICE PRESIDENT, EXTERNAL AFFAIRS
The position of Manager/Senior Manager, Public Policy requires an energetic, enthusiastic individual committed to health care issues. Successful candidates will be prepared to conduct in-depth research on issues related to Medicare Advantage, Medicaid managed care, the individual market or drug pricing. The successful candidate will be a collegial member of our integrated advocacy team, supporting ACHP through cogent and concise policy research and analysis, writing, relationship-building with member plans and additional operational activities.
We are a culture that values strong organizational abilities, polished written and oral communications, emotional intelligence and attention to detail. This position affords opportunity for rapid learning and growth for individuals who thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced environment. The title of Manager or Senior Manager will be commensurate with credentials.
- Draft regulatory comment letters, organize issue briefings, develop issue- specific communications for various audiences.
- Conduct research and develop data-driven and/or evidence-based policy materials, including original analysis, policy positions, newsletter updates, talking points, fact sheets, presentations and background documents.
- Support ACHP advocacy activities, including Hill and administration meetings.
- Partner with the Director of Public Policy to assess proposed regulations and develop formal regulatory responses.
- Monitor and summarize legislative and regulatory developments, brief senior staff, and disseminate information and materials to member plans.
- Build and strengthen relationships with congressional and federal agency staff, members plans and partner organizations.
- Support the activities of the ACHP Legislative and Policy Committees.
- Develop close relationships with ACHP staff to draw on their expertise for policy work and serve as policy resource for colleagues.
- Work closely with ACHP member plans to help advance their advocacy agendas.
- Assist member organizations in resolving operational issues in Medicare, Medicaid and other public programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s or law degree preferred.
- At least three years of experience with health care issues required.
- One or more of the following is required: experience on Capitol Hill or the Executive Branch; experience in a health plan, health care trade association or health care research organization.
- Understanding of government health programs such as Medicare, Medicaid, as well as the individual market and prescription drug policy.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills; ability to synthesize and present complex information for various audiences.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and an eagerness to learn and grow into a more senior role.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strong research and analytical capabilities.
- Competency in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Please submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Manager, Public Policy, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.