REPORTS TO: President & CEO
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Director, Market Strategy and Analytics leads ACHP initiatives enabling member plans to improve their competitive market position. The Director plays a central role in the core focus of ACHP: differentiating nonprofit, provider-aligned, regional health plans. The Director combines rigorous empirical thinking with practical business sense. This individual serves as a true partner to member plan executives as they develop strategies to succeed in an increasingly competitive environment. Successful candidates will employ a thorough knowledge of health plan operations and markets, as well as the ways in which federal regulatory and legislative policy impacts health insurers’ bottom lines. This is a senior level role, with supervisory duties.
- Identify strategic priorities for ACHP that will advance our efforts in the differentiation of non-profit, provider-aligned, regional health plans.
- Develop and drive the implementation of data-driven strategies to improve the market competitiveness of our member plans through a combination of data analytics, market assessment, and market strategy development.
- Develop and drive execution of ACHP’s data analytic activities, confidently guiding data analysts to produce market insights of value to member organizations.
- Provide expert leadership to ACHP’s market competitiveness team, continually enhancing programming and products that help members build competitive positions in their markets.
- Forge close relationships with member executives through ongoing engagement with health plan leaders to identify critical issues affecting business success.
- Oversee the effective development and use of analytic products and insights; Design future generations of analytic products that support member plans’ business performance.
- Understand empirical and methodological research in health care and be able to apply findings for both policy and business purposes.
- Manage market-oriented leaders group with a core focus around growth strategies, product development and risk adjustment.
- Oversee successful in-person and virtual meeting programming and foster strong connections among individuals in the group.
- Collaborate closely with ACHP’s Advocacy and Clinical Innovation teams to identify and communicate the differentiated value of regional, non-profit health plans.
- Bachelor’s degrees in economics, business, health management or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience working with health plans or in a health research environment; 4+ years’ management experience.
- Strong understanding of health care markets including commercial and public lines of business.
- Ability to make connections between health care policy and real-world business dynamics.
- Experience with statistical, database and data visualization software including MS Access and Excel, SAS as well as Tableau.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of healthcare databases such as HEDIS, CAHPS, the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey and NAIC
- Excellent judgement and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong project management abilities.
- Ability to synthesize and present complex information succinctly and clearly to key audiences.
Submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectations via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Director, Market Strategy and Analytics, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.