REPORTS TO: Director, Market Strategy and Analytics
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Data Analytics Manager position requires a detail-oriented and enthusiastic individual interested in performance improvement, policy and data analysis, and in facilitating health care-related learning among ACHP’s member organizations. To be successful in this position, a candidate must be a self-starter, dedicated to delivering high-quality analytics products. The successful candidate will play a key role in ACHP’s analytic activities including maintaining and updating ACHP’s signature analytic tool, the HealthPlan Performance Gauge, supporting ACHP’s policy agenda through analytic products, and building new and innovative ways to use data to support our member organizations. The Manager should be interested in illuminating the connections between data and health policy.
This position affords opportunity for rapid learning and growth for individuals who thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced environment. The Manager plays a key role in the overall success of the organization, constantly identifying ways to enhance our data analytics capabilities and the value of membership.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze public and member-reported datasets (e.g., CMS enrollment, CMS Star ratings CAHPS, HOS, HEDIS) to better understand quality, competitive market landscape and business impacts.
- Manage and enhance ACHP’s suite of databases, tools and resources.
- Develop and support analytic presentations to clearly and concisely convey insights for key internal and external audiences.
- Collaborate with advocacy team in communicating data and research findings to policymakers, thought leaders and journalists.
- Support work groups that consist of senior leaders from member organizations.
- Use knowledge of health plan and provider operations in combination with data-driven analyses to develop programs to improve ACHP member performance and market position.
- Work closely with ACHP policy and clinical innovations staff to advance the ACHP advocacy agenda and clinical priorities, including Medicare Advantage and the public program quality rating system.
- Work with ACHP’s analytic team to continuously enhance our analytic offerings by identifying and implementing new data sources and analytic approaches.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, computer science, business, public health, or similar area of study required; Graduate degree in mentioned areas preferred.
- 3-5 years of relevant healthcare work experience.
- Quantitative skills that include the ability to create data visualizations, be facile with descriptive statistics, understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate evaluations of various data collection methodologies into analytic assessments.
- Advanced experience statistical, database and data visualization software including MS Access and Excel, SAS, and Tableau; ability to create Access or SQL databases.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of health care data sources, including HEDIS, CAHPS and CMS Medicare Advantage Star Ratings.
- Interest in understanding and improving of health plan operations; experience working at a health plan a plus.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is in an office environment
- May be occasionally required to stand, walk or reach with arms
Please submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Data Analytics Manager, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.