LOCATION: Washington, DC
ACHP is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced communications professional to help execute ACHP’s communications strategy to advance the organization’s vision and mission. This person will play a central role on the communications team of a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, exceptional writer and trusted multi-tasker, able to support ACHP’s member and external communications needs.
- Lead the creation of communications collateral, including press releases, blog posts, op-eds, member communications, e-newsletters, annual report and website copy.
- Assist Communications leader with driving consistent media coverage of ACHP and its initiatives.
- Play central role in pitching media and managing requests, facilitating interviews, developing talking points and official statements.
- Manage monitoring of daily headlines and clips, create and maintain media contact databases.
- Project manage multiple communications endeavors, including major publications. Work closely with vendors and external consultants.
- Research, strategize and complete submissions for external speaking opportunities and event participation for ACHP CEO, CMO and member plan leaders.
- Lead planning, programming and logistics for internal, member learning events, including major bi-annual conferences.
- Assist with speeches/presentations, including slide creation, for ACHP CEO and other leadership, as requested.
- Gather and develop member plan stories for use in advocacy and media efforts.
- Assist with social media content creation and execution.
- Collaborate with communications team to develop and implement communications and public affairs strategies and projects.
- Manage the Communications Department intern.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- At least 5 years communications experience in complex settings; health care and/or nonprofit communications experience a plus
- Ability to think creatively and strategically about communications in a fast-paced Washington, DC advocacy organization
- Exceptional writing and editing skills with an ability to boil down complex issues into compelling messaging
- Confidence working with the news media, including record of print and broadcast media placement
- Results-oriented with a high attention to detail
- Superb project management abilities, capable of advancing multiple communications priorities and working independently under tight deadlines
- Experience in coordinating activities and managing relationships with stakeholders, consultants and external agencies.
- Functional proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Premiere, Photoshop)
- Sense of humor, team-player, and dedication to ensuring access to affordable health care
Please submit a resume and cover letter to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Communications Manager, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.