Want to develop your communications, policy and research skills and work with a fun, dedicated team? ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for those who want to take their expertise out of the classroom and into the world. The communications intern will be involved in the daily workings of the communications and policy departments and have the chance to work autonomously on projects.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for more than 21 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
As the communication intern, you’ll have the chance to work on:
- Writing, editing and compiling articles for ACHP publications
- Researching health care subject matter
- Tracking media outreach
- Researching key health care stakeholders for outreach and partnership
- Helping develop creative approaches to the release of content
- Editing/developing website content
- Drafting social media content (including copy, graphics and video)
- Participating in special projects and performing other related duties
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Ability to think creatively about complex issues
- Ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide ideas
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual design
- Understanding how to build a narrative
- Minimum three years of undergraduate study in communications, English or journalism
- Familiarity with HTML a plus
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere) a plus
If this sounds like you, please submit a resume, two writing samples and cover letter via e-mail to Dan Lemle at email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, your available start and finish date and the number of hours you are available weekly. Please include “Communications Intern Position” with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message. We look forward to hearing from you!
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.