REPORTS TO: Chief Medical Officer and Director, Clinical Innovation
LOCATION: Washington, DC
The Clinical Innovation Program Manager has strong knowledge and enthusiasm for understanding and communicating emerging trends in health care delivery, with a focus on pharmacy. Successful candidates are eager to build relationships with clinical leaders from ACHP member organizations, recognizing their strategic priorities and designing programming that supports their population health goals. The Clinical Innovation Program Manager will conduct in-depth research on influential population health initiatives and policy issues related to managed care, with special emphasis on pharmacy operations. This position affords creative thinkers the opportunity to help drive the national debate around prescription drug pricing. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter on the ACHP Clinical Innovation Team, supporting ACHP through a combination of research and analysis, programming for formal learning events and relationship-building with clinical executives at member organizations.
We are a culture that values strong organizational abilities, polished written and oral communications, a commitment to collaboration and attention to detail. This position affords opportunity for rapid learning and growth for individuals who thrive in a high-performing, fast-paced environment.
- In consultation with clinical leadership, design and execute ACHP’s innovation and shared learning agenda for the Pharmacy Directors Collaborative and other potential learning groups.
- Conduct background research and develop evidence-based materials, including original survey analyses, fact sheets, and presentations, to support in-person conferences and webinars for ACHP members.
- Partner with ACHP Marketplace Analytics Team to optimize access and use of ACHP’s suite of pharmacy databases, tools and resources.
- Assist with ACHP health policy and advocacy activities, including support for Hill and administration meetings where applicable.
- Develop close relationships with ACHP pharmacy leaders and serve as the point person for the ACHP Pharmacy Collaborative
- Collaborate with ACHP staff and leaders of ACHP member plans, drawing upon their deep expertise to inform new shared learning opportunities and work group initiatives.
- Think creatively to continuously improve operations on the Clinical Innovation Team; experiment with productivity tools to streamline ACHP event programming and incorporate latest approaches in disseminating expert knowledge in an engaging and effective format.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required with at least 3-5 years of professional experience in health care issues.
- Experience and interest in pharmacy operations a plus.
- Ideal candidates have experience working with health care companies, health care trade associations or health care research organizations.
- Understanding of government health programs such as Medicare and familiarity with prescription drug policy.
- Strong written and oral communications skills; ability to synthesize and present complex information for various audiences.
- Demonstrated professional maturity and an eagerness to learn and grow into a more senior role.
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated research and analytical capabilities. Expertise in MS Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Work is in an office environment
- May be occasionally required to stand, walk or reach with arms
Please submit a resume and a cover letter with salary requirements via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Clinical Innovation Program Manager“ along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.
ACHP does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions, and a woman’s right to breastfeed), disability (physical or mental), age (18 and older), genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, political affiliation, marital status, veteran or military status, tobacco use, credit information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Making Health Care Better
The Alliance of Community Health Plans is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. Our plans are shaping the future of health care - driving better health outcomes, building healthier communities and inspiring an entire industry to do better.