Independent Health Foundation and Major League Eaters joined to host 2017 Kale Yeah! The World’s Healthiest Eating Championship. The Read more »
Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator (Full-Time, Exempt)
POSITION: Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Manager, Board Operations and Member Relations
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for more than 18 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
The Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator plays a critical role in delivering an exceptional experience to ACHP’s members. This enthusiastic and personable individual manages the logistical components of ACHP’s membership events, including the annual Symposium, collaboratives and Board meetings. The coordinator ensures that all meetings are delivered at the highest standards of excellence. This individual builds and maintains positive internal and external business relationships to facilitate a team approach to the successful planning and execution of all meetings. The Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator also works closely with the Manager, Board Operations and Member Relations to maintain and build engagement with ACHP executives, senior leaders, partners and constituents.
This individual should be creative in developing high-quality events and providing all-around superior customer service.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee the logistical components of the annual Symposium and other in-person meetings, including selection of meeting sites and event venues; negotiate event-related contracts (hotels, restaurants, transportation, audio visual) and serve as point person for all planning and communications with event facilities and vendors. Track meeting expenses against budget.
- Organize and manage the work of ACHP staff on all aspects of the Symposium, including communications, registration, and ACHP staff responsibilities to ensure tasks are completed, deadlines met, and information is shared across all staff stakeholders.
- Support the timely completion of all Board meeting preparation, including communications, registration, materials and website updates.
- Support logistics related to virtual member events, including webinar set up, communications and website calendar maintenance.
Partner with ACHP staff to ensure accurate tracking of member engagement activities and generate
member engagement reports.
- Assist with efforts to collect current contacts at member organizations.
- Support corporate member recruitment, including the preparation and distribution of recruitment
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with key representatives from member plans,
partners, constituents, hotel contacts and vendors.
- Partner with ACHP’s administrative staff in providing a full range of administrative coverage and
support for ACHP.
- A desire to learn about nonprofit, community health plans and the value they bring.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree, or relevant certification in meetings or event management; Certified Meeting
Professional (CMP) designation a plus.
- 2-3 years of professional experience in meetings or event management, preferably in a not-for-profit
environment or with a member association.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills, and experience keeping multiple
tasks/priorities on deadline with high degree of quality and accuracy.
- Solid communication skills, oral, written and listening.
- Customer-focused mindset.
- Strong judgement and problem-solving skills, and the ability to think independently and take
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook); Experience with
customer relationship management software and association database systems preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please
include Meeting Planner and Membership Coordinator, along with your first initial and last name in the
subject line of your e-mail message.