UCare for Seniors Medicare plan in Minnesota has been recognized by the National... Read More
Position: Communications Intern (with stipend)
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for nearly 19 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
ACHP is seeking either a part-time or a full-time intern for spring 2018. A stipend is available.
The Position and its Principal Responsibilities
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for those who want to gain practical experience in implementing and designing communications strategies. Interns will be involved in ACHP’s day-to-day communications operations including:
- Working with the team on communications projects, including production of ACHP materials
- Writing, editing and compiling articles for ACHP publications
- Researching health care news articles
- Researching and tracking media outreach
- Researching key health care stakeholders for outreach and partnership
- Helping develop creative approaches to the release of content
- Editing/developing Website content
- Drafting social media content
- Participating in special projects and performing other related duties
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Ability to think creatively about complex issues
- Ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide ideas
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual design
- Commitment to the mission and values of ACHP
- Understanding how to build a narrative
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Minimum three years of undergraduate study in a field related to communications, English or journalism
Desired Skills and Competences
- Experience working on and/or studying media outreach strategies
- Familiarity with Adobe Suite, especially Photoshop and InDesign
Please submit a resume, two writing samples and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. In the cover letter, please explain why you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, your available start and finish date and the number of hours you are available weekly. Please include “Communications Intern Position” with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.