ACHP Fall 2015 Behavioral Health Collaborative Meeting
At the end of September, many of us will be meeting in Washington, D.C. for the annual ACHP Behavioral Health Collaborative meeting. The meeting will begin at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, September 28 and will run until 12:00 p.m. on Tuesday, September 29. We are finalizing a robust agenda for this meeting that aims to address a range of behavioral health related topics including, but not limited to, behavioral economics, telehealth and evidence based psychotherapy.
The behavioral health collaborative will be meeting concurrently with the ACHP Medical Directors Council and the ACHP Marketplace Leaders, with each holding its own meeting. With all three groups in one location, this is a great opportunity to network with your colleagues during meeting breaks and over dinner on Monday night. Additionally, the behavioral health directors and medical directors will participate in a half-day joint session Monday morning.
We look forward to seeing you all in Washington, DC! Please let me know if you have any questions.
In preparation for our meeting, we’ve compiled a set of pre-reading materials, all of which relates to the topics on our agenda. These articles are designed to set the foundation for our discussions and will be referenced throughout the meeting to help provide perspective and guide insights. There are two types of articles: “Recommended Reading” and “Further Reading.” We ask that you read the “Recommended Reading” articles as part of the pre-work. The articles designated as “Further Reading” are pieces we think are valuable, but if you have limited time, we’d rather you concentrate that time on the recommended reading.
We recognize this is a comprehensive set of materials to review and questions to consider. We appreciate the time you put into making these meetings the very successful collaborative learning events that they are.
- Behavioral Economics Holds Potential To Deliver Better Results For Patients, Insurers, And Employers
- Using Behavioral Economics to Design Physician Incentives that Deliver High Value Care
- Note: The above article from Dr. Kevin Volpp and is not yet published, though it has been accepted for publication in the Annals of Internal Medicine. A copy of the article was attached to the pre-read email. Please do not distribute this article.
Increasing Access to Behavioral Health Care Through Technology
- IntelliCare: Mobile App Suite for Depression and Anxiety
- ThinkFeelDo: Effective Digital Treatment for Depression
- Telepsychiatry: Videoconferencing in the Delivery of Psychiatric Care
In addition, we will be having several roundtable discussions at the meeting. Please come prepared to share examples of your plan’s work in the following areas:
- Telehealth strategies and barriers
- Caring for individuals with chronic medical and psychosocial needs
- Emerging issues that you would like to explore with the behavioral health collaborative
If you are interested, the ACHP Medical Directors Council Septmeber 2015 meeting pre-reads can be found here.