FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Leah Hunter lhunter@achporg Community Hea... Read More
Vice President, Operations
POSITION: VICE PRESIDENT, OPERATIONS
REPORTS TO: PRESIDENT AND CEO
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for more than 19 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
The position of Vice President, Operations requires an individual who is a leader and manager who can collaborate with a team on how to reach organizational goals, manage daily operations, oversee the financial, information technology and human resource functions of the organization, and work alongside the President and CEO in serving the Board and ACHP membership. This position needs an enthusiastic, pro-active individual committed to the health care agenda of non-profit, community health plans. Successful candidates will be skilled in having served as a strong manager and effective leader who excels at being a problem-solver, idea generator and implementer of plans and policies. Knowledge of the business environment and/or legislative and regulatory issues impacting health plans is critical. The successful candidate will be a collegial member of the ACHP team, supporting ACHP through collaboration with multiple stakeholders, relationship-building with member plans, and additional substantive and operational activities.
We are a mission-driven organization with a passion for performance. Creative thinkers and proactive doers thrive at ACHP. We are a nimble culture adept at navigating the changing health care and Washington environment. Successful candidates will display a track record for partnering to tackle difficult problems.
- Work closely with President and CEO in guiding and leading the organization.
- Serve on senior leadership team and directly supervise administrative, financial and business development staffs.
- Manage day to day operations of the organization.
- Develop close relationships with staff to draw on their expertise to serve as a resource to member plans, develop their skills, and ensure they are informed and guided daily by the direction of the Board and the President and CEO.
- Serve as a strategic thinker for the organization.
- Oversight of finances and long range financial planning including: providing timely financial reports to the President and CEO, oversight and direction to staff on the efficient use of financial resources, and implement annual operations budget.
- Manage human resources needs for organization including: oversight of the hiring process, contribute to professional development, and manage administration needs of human resources functions.
- Broaden ACHP’s representation of non-profit health plans by supporting membership recruitment and retention.
- Grow ACHP revenue portfolio by overseeing business and development operations.
- Serve as staff liaison to the Board Audit and Finance Committee.
- Ensure ACHP and its policies are fully compliant with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with other ACHP leaders to nurture strategic partnerships.
- Represent the President and CEO at internal and external meetings where appropriate.
- Assume primary responsibility for external contracts.
- Others duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree in finance, business administration or economics preferred
- Minimum of ten (10) years of senior level experience with health care industry, finance or human resources
- Proven experience managing operations of an organization, including effectively administering Board priorities, proper allocation of resources and strong communications with staff and Board members
- One or more of the following is required: experience leading an advocacy or membership organization, experience in a health plan or health care trade association, serving in a similar capacity at a comparable organization
- An understanding of ACHP’s core policy issues including Medicare Advantage, Medicaid, the individual market and prescription drug pricing
- Demonstrated ability to shape and drive a mission, as well as manage the execution of it, for an organization
- Track record of successfully managing a budget of at least $2 million, developing long-range financial forecasts and creating diverse revenue streams
- Commitment to working in a team environment with an emphasis on collaboration and maintaining positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to synthesize and present complex information for various audiences
- Demonstrated professional maturity including the ability to manage priorities and deadlines and successfully navigate internal and external relationships
- An understanding of the Washington political and policy environment and how to successfully navigate it
Please submit a cover letter, including salary range expectations and your resume via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include VP, Operations, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message. Cover letters without salary range expectations included will not be considered.