Groups representing doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, insurance companies and m... Read More
Program Intern (Summer 2016)
Position: Program Intern (with stipend)
Location: Washington, D.C.
ACHP is a national leadership organization that brings together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care in their communities. ACHP and its members improve the health of the communities we serve and actively lead the transformation of health care so that it is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable. Drawing on years of experience, our members collaborate, share strategies and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally.
ACHP is seeking either a part-time or full-time program intern for the summer 2016 semester. A modest stipend to supplement living expenses is available.
More information about ACHP can be found at www.achp.org.
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for students, recent graduates and previous interns wishing to gain practical experience in health care financing and operations, policy, research, advocacy, governance and administrative operations. Interns will be involved in the day-to-day operations of ACHP including:
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research on key issues related to community-based health plans such as patient-centered care, health quality outcomes and affordability.
- Analyzing and synthesizing reports and data.
- Supporting ACHP’s learning and innovation programs and market analysis activities.
- Attending external events and summarizing learnings.
- Editing/developing website content.
- Working with various databases.
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Experience working on and/or studying health care financing issues.
- An ability to think creatively about complex issues.
- An ability to manage and organize detailed assignments.
- Experience conducting data analysis.
- Excellent administrative and team work skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Two years of undergraduate study in a field related to public health, public policy, health science or economics.
- Ability to create and use Excel spreadsheets.
- A strong desire to learn and can-do attitude.
- Commitment to the mission and values of ACHP.
Please submit a CV and cover letter explaining how you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, along with your available start and finish date and number of hours of availability, via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Program Intern position, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.