FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Leah Hunter lhunter@achporg Community Health ... Read More
Manager, Business Development, (Full-Time, Exempt)
POSITION: Manager, Business Development, (Full-Time, Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Vice President, Operations
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for more than 19 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
The Manager of Business Development oversees and implements ACHP’s sponsorship and corporate alliance program. This individual builds strong business partnerships and develops opportunities for corporate sponsors to engage with ACHP members. The manager also plays a role in other initiatives that ensure the advancement and long-term sustainability of ACHP, such as membership growth and product development. The position entails launching new programs and thus affords opportunities for growth. Successful candidates will be creative, energetic salespeople who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery. The position requires an affinity for business development, metrics, and a high-touch, customer focus. This person needs to be highly organized, performance driven and have excellent attention to detail. The manager of business development will work with people at all levels, be the outward face of ACHP to our partners, and be a passionate advocate of nonprofit, community health plans.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With senior leadership, develop participation criteria for new ACHP Sponsorship and Corporate Alliance Program.
- Launch new sponsorship program, including identifying prospects and converting into sponsorships or partnerships to meet annual revenue metrics.
- Establish and implement an on-boarding process for all corporate alliance partners. Work with legal and finance guidance to ensure contracts are compliant.
- Develop and maintain an alliance partner dashboard to track deliverables and member interactions.
- Schedule and facilitate all alliance partner deliverables, including webinars, conference calls, social media postings, etc.
- Promote revenue growth by identifying new partners, sponsors and business opportunities.
- Identify and secure sponsors for each ACHP event. Serve as the point-of-contact for sponsors at ACHP events. Manage sponsor outreach to ACHP members before and after events.
- Assist in the development of the annual budget as it relates to sponsorship and the corporate alliance program.
- Regularly solicit feedback from ACHP members on effectiveness of both programs.
- Partner with the ACHP membership senior manager in marketing ACHP to potential members.
- Collaborate with senior leadership to develop new revenue opportunities for ACHP.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics or other relevant area of study required.
- 3-5 years of experience in business development, association management, or corporate marketing & sales.
- Experience in and/or understanding of the health sector generally and the insurance industry specifically a plus.
- Experience in leading new initiatives that require creative thinking.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite experience including Excel.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
- Proven problem solving with ability to set and evaluate metrics.
- Strong work ethic based on a customer-focused mindset.\
- Ability to travel domestically occasionally.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Manager, Business Development, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.