Independent Health Foundation and Major League Eaters joined to host 2017 Kale Yeah! The World’s Healthiest Eating Championship. The Read more »
Kaiser Permanente – Executive Director, Medicaid Business outside of California
Take a stand
For your career. And for health. When you join Kaiser Permanente, you not only build a rewarding career—you impact the future of health care. The nation’s leading nonprofit integrated health plan, Kaiser Permanente is supported by the professionals who build our systems, strengthen our facilities, and shape our future. Join us and take a stand for your future.
Executive Director, Medicaid Business outside of California
The overall purpose of this role is to provide national guidance and support to the non-California regions in ongoing strategy development and operation of the Medicaid business. In this role, you will work with regional senior level executive leadership for health plan and Medical Groups to support regional planning, design, and implementation of Medicaid programs in those regions in a way that will enable Kaiser Permanente to meet financial and member forecasts, regulatory requirements, serve the community, and achieve policy and community benefit goals. This is a key position on the Medicaid national leadership team, with direct accountability for leading, managing, and coordinating the development and spread of Medicaid-specific care delivery initiatives in partnership with the Care Management Institute and the Permanente Medical Groups. Success in leading these initiatives requires the ability to achieve desired outcomes via influence, sharing, learning across regions, and driving cross regional spread.
- A bachelor’s degree in business or a health related area
- A master’s degree is preferred with at least ten years of progressively responsible and relevant management experience including providing significant leadership in organizations serving the Medicaid population
- Demonstrated knowledge based in Medicaid and CHIP, including knowledge of how care can be successfully delivered to this population
- Experience and understanding of care delivery issues for low income populations
- Experience in Medicaid Care management or other related clinical experience
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing programs in Medicaid Managed Care
- Demonstrated experience and success in new business development in Medicaid
- Competencies in strategic and multi-year planning
- The ability to lead in a highly matrixed organization depending primarily on influence rather than organization structure
- The ability to work independently and geographically separate from Program Offices
- Experience working with State Medicaid agencies on innovative models as well as negotiating contracts and rates preferred
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 528309.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.
Discover what it’s like to be part of an industry-leading organization driving innovative care and technology. Get social with us and see what people are saying!
Glassdoor and LinkedIn: Kaiser Permanente
Facebook: Kaiser Permanente Thrive
YouTube: Kaiser Permanente Careers