Health Policy Intern
POSITION: HEALTH POLICY INTERN (with stipend)
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a membership association that brings together innovative health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for approximately 18 million Americans. Members collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of community-based and delivery-aligned health care that can yield better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
ACHP is seeking either part-time or full-time health policy interns for the fall 2016 semester. A modest stipend to supplement living expenses is available.
THE POSITION AND ITS PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for undergraduate students, graduate students and recent graduates wishing to gain practical experience in health care financing and operations, policy, research, advocacy, governance and administrative operations. Interns will be involved in the day-to-day operations of ACHP including:
- Supporting ACHP’s learning and innovation programs, market analysis activities and policy agenda
- Conducting qualitative and quantitative research on key issues related to community-based health plans such as patient-centered care, health quality outcomes and affordability
- Conducting legislative and regulatory research on key issues related to Medicare, Medicaid and the Affordable Care Act
- Supporting lobbying activities
- Synthesizing reports and data and working with various databases
- Attending congressional hearings and external health policy events and summarizing learnings
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Two years of undergraduate study in a field related to public health, public policy, health science or economics
- The ability to create and use Excel spreadsheets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent administrative and team work skills
- The ability to think creatively about complex issues
- The ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- A strong desire to learn, a can-do attitude and attention to detail
Please submit a CV and cover letter explaining how you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, along with your available start and finish date and number of hours of availability, via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include “Health Policy Intern Position” along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.