FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Leah Hunter lhunter@achporg Community Health ... Read More
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin – Medical Director, Care Management
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) is a not-for-profit managed health care organization that provides the entire spectrum of health care services, including insurance, Primary Care and Specialty Care.
Located in Madison, WI, GHC-SCW has a rich and diverse 40 year history. We are a member-owned cooperative with a staff of 47 physicians and 26 PAs/NPs with six Madison area clinic locations.
The Medical Director – Care Management is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating Utilization Management, Case Management and select Population Health activities throughout the organization. This is a leadership position providing strategic expertise to members, providers, clinical and administrative staff, and GHC-SCW’s partners and collaborators. The incumbent provides oversight and direction for the Care Management department and its programs.
This is an administrative position and, depending upon the needs of the organization, the incumbent may also spend a percentage of time as a staff physician.
- Current unrestricted Wisconsin State Licensure as a Physician required. Completion of a residency and Board certification in a specialty area is required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of practice experience in managed health care delivery setting is required.
- Ability to maintain currency in area of expertise in primary care field.
- Current valid Federal Controlled Substance registration (DEA) Certificate.
- Strong commitment to the mission, vision, common values, and service standards of GHC-SCW.
- Medical management skills such as team building, human resources, conflict management, and medical utilization management required.
- Excellent managerial and supervisory skills required. Ability to provide leadership to staff and to delegate required.
- Ability to implement change in a positive, sensitive, and forward thinking manner.
- Effective communication skills both in written and verbal presentation with a communication style that fosters openness, trust, credibility, and understanding. Effective listening skills.
- Excellent customer service skills required. Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Ability to work cooperatively, sensitively, and tactfully, and maintain composure and professionalism with all levels of staff and with the general public required.
GHC-SCW is a leading insurance and healthcare cooperative. For more information and to apply for this position, please visit our website at ghcscw.com. Inquiries can be directed to Karen Colwell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin is proud to be an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.