CDPHP saved millions of dollars by encouraging doctors to prescribe generic drugs in place of brand names. The plan Read more »
Kaiser Permanente – Executive Director of Medicaid
In this role, you will be responsible for the strategies and operational performance for the Regional Medicaid line of business. In alignment with regional leadership and the national Medicaid line of business, you will lead efforts to grow market share, ensure quality and compliance with national and state (Maryland, Virginia, and the District of Columbia) regulations. You will ensure appropriate financial accounting and will be responsible for leading through influence with Medical Group leadership, share services organization, and regional functions. In addition, you will participate in the Kaiser Permanente national forums and workgroups that drive our enterprise capabilities and performance and also serve as a Strategic Initiative member of the health plan operational team.
• At least ten years of experience in health care operations, with a minimum of three years working experience in a government program, preferably Medicaid
• At least five years successful experience in managing large complex projects
• At least five years of direct supervisory/managerial experience
• A bachelor’s degree; a master’s degree in a business related field strongly preferred
• The ability to work in a highly matrixed environment with strong collaborative and team skills
• The ability to articulate a clear vision/map and communicate an efficient and timely path toward the execution of that vision and motivate others toward the successful realization of that vision
• Impeccable listening and communication skills, both written and verbal
• Critical thinking skills with the ability to take information, process it, and make recommendations
• The ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines as determined by state and federal guidelines
• The ability to build and maintain relationships with officials in regulatory agencies and participate in regional industry group related efforts including policy discussion, formulation, and implementation
• The ability to think through and distill complex business issues, create scenarios based on available data, and develop compelling recommendations for senior leaders in the context of overall strategy and longer term implications for Medicare strategies
• The ability to collaborate with partners in care delivery, administrative services, diversity, and marketing to set strategy and goals, execute plans, and monitor performance
For immediate consideration, please visit http://jobs.kp.org for complete qualifications and job submission details, referencing job number 464694.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran, or disability status.
This position supports Kaiser Permanente’s code of conduct and compliance by adhering to all laws and regulations, accreditation and licensure requirements, and internal policies and procedures.