Groups representing doctors, hospitals, nursing homes, insurance companies and m... Read More
POSITION: COMMUNICATIONS INTERN (with stipend)
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a membership association that brings together innovative health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for approximately 18 million Americans. Members collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of community-based and delivery-aligned health care that can yield better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
ACHP is seeking either a part-time or full-time intern for the fall 2016 semester. Early-morning availability is desirable, but not required. A modest stipend to supplement living expenses is available.
THE POSITION AND ITS PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for students wishing to gain practical experience in assisting ACHP staff with implementing the organization’s communications strategy. Interns will be involved in ACHP’s day-to-day communications operations including:
- Supporting the communications team and working with the team on communications projects, including production of ACHP materials
- Writing, editing and compiling articles for ACHP publications
- Researching health care news articles
- Researching and tracking media outreach
- Editing/developing Website content
- Developing communications calendar
- Working with various databases
- Participating in special projects and performing other related duties
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Solid communications skills:
- Strong command of English grammar
- Confident and friendly verbal communication
- Experience working on and/or studying media outreach strategies
- Ability to think creatively about complex issues
- Ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide design and communication ideas
- Ability to think critically, resourcefully and strategically
- Excellent administrative and team work skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Commitment to the mission and values of ACHP
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study in a field related to English or journalism
- Experience working on/studying media campaigns
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual communications
Please submit a resume, two writing samples and cover letter explaining how you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, along with your available start and finish date and number of hours available, via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Communications Intern Position, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.