HealthPartners President and CEO Mary Brainerd received the 2017 Women in Business Career Achievement Award. She received the award Read more »
Position: Communications Intern (with stipend)
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for nearly 19 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
ACHP is seeking either a part-time or a full-time intern for summer 2017. A stipend is available.
The Position and its Principal Responsibilities
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for students wishing to gain practical experience by assisting with implementation of the organization’s communications strategy. Interns will be involved in ACHP’s day-to-day communications operations including:
- Working with the team on communications projects, including production of ACHP materials
- Writing, editing and compiling articles for ACHP publications
- Researching health care news articles
- Researching and tracking media outreach
- Editing/developing Website content
- Drafting social media content
- Participating in special projects and performing other related duties
Essential Skills and Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Ability to think creatively about complex issues
- Ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- Willingness to take direction, as well as proactively provide design and communication ideas
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual design
- Demonstrated team work experience
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Commitment to the mission and values of ACHP
Desired Skills and Competences
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study in a field related to communications, English or journalism
- Experience working on and/or studying media outreach strategies
- General interest in social media, online communications and/or visual communications
Please submit a resume, two writing samples and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, please explain why you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, your available start and finish date and the number of hours you are available weekly. Please include “Communications Intern Position” with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.