FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Charlie Patterson, Charlie@sqcomms.com Erin Grandstaff, Erin@sqcomms.com Alliance of Community Health Plans Reacts to Trump Administration Read more »
Clinical Learning and Communications Specialist
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative community-based non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for approximately 18 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, members collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
The Clinical Learning & Communications Specialist coordinates and manages critical communications and learning initiatives for ACHP’s Learning and Innovation areas, as well as sources relevant new and emerging innovations. In addition, the Specialist collaborates with senior staff and communications staff to develop and implement communication initiatives, including related materials and services for ACHP’s member organizations and external audiences.
The Specialist assists ACHP’s Director, Clinical Learning and Innovation in developing programs designed to improve health care.
- Synthesize and summarize information into event summaries, written reports, presentations, member case studies, “innovation briefs” and other relevant and essential materials for communications use, including regularly published ACHP communications products such as daily Media Monitoring Report and Leadership Matters.
- Project manage ACHP initiatives, including developed detailed project plans and preparing for and running relevant meetings.
- Offer excellent service to member plans by responding to specific queries and questions professionally, accurately and promptly.
- Develop and sustain external information networks of practitioners and thought leaders to support program development and foster dissemination of innovations and ideas.
- Use knowledge of health plan and provider operations to assist in identifying and developing Learning and Innovation programs to improve ACHP member performance.
- Conduct on-going communication and relationship-building with ACHP member organizations to identify operational best-practices in clinical areas to facilitate learning among members.
- Develop and maintain strong expertise related to health plan operations, particularly in areas that could affect clinical performance and affordability.
- Develop and maintain useful, timely and consistent content on ACHP’s website.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in English, Business or a related field
- The ability to express complex ideas in simple terms and presentations, and clear, well-crafted written reports
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop and execute detailed project plans.
- The skill sets to interact professionally and productively with member plans, ACHP staff, and other colleagues
- The ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, frequently under tight deadlines
- The skill sets to interact productively with member plans, ACHP staff, and other colleagues
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including listening skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- An interest in health care operations is preferred, but not required
Please submit a CV and cover letter explaining how you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this position via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.