POSITION: Business Analyst (Full-Time, Exempt)
REPORTS TO: Manager, Innovations & Analytics
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for approximately 18 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally. More information is available at www.achp.org.
The Business Analyst position requires a smart, analytical thinker who is eager to learn about and interested in driving health care-related strategy and policy in a collaborative environment. This individual should enjoy unraveling complicated information and working on a team to draw insights out of it.
The ACHP analytics team explores data and creates reports, tools and presentations that help member plans enhance their competitive edge in the markets they serve. The Business Analyst works closely with the Manager of Innovations & Analytics and the Associate Director of Market Analysis to further ACHP’s research agenda by delving into clinical quality data, consumer experience surveys, pharmacy cost statistics and Medicare benefit and enrollment datasets. The candidate is responsible for maintaining and updating ACHP’s suite of databases, creating tools for member plan use and helping ACHP think about new and interesting ways to use data and information to support its members.
The candidate should balance strong quantitative skills with an interpersonal skill set and a service-oriented mindset that will allow him or her to communicate effectively with our member plans and translate complex topics into easy-to-understand presentations and written documents. This role presents excellent opportunities for growth and development.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain ACHP’s analytic databases in Microsoft Access.
- Develop presentations for ACHP member plans that synthesize data in a clear and concise way.
- Produce standardized analytic reports on health plan quality and Medicare market dynamics.
- Interact with ACHP members and respond to data-related requests.
- In conjunction with colleagues, develop resources that help member plans understand quality rating methodologies.
- Collect and analyze data from member plans related to pharmacy cost and utilization trends.
- Provide research support for ACHP’s public policy, communications and learning programs.
- Organize member surveys.
- Provide project assistance to ACHP executive and senior staff.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, public health or other relevant area of study.
- 1+ year(s) of relevant work or internship experience.
- Experience in health care preferred but not required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite programs.
- Quantitative analysis skills including basic statistics, data visualization, and a meticulous approach to understanding and verifying data.
- Ability to create and deliver written and oral presentations.
- Self-motivated, proactive and eager to learn new skills to support ACHP’s analytic agenda.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- A collaborative spirit to interact productively with member plans and ACHP staff.
- Candidates with a baseline understanding of Access or SQL databases and Tableau are preferred.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Business Analyst, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.