Kaiser Permanente has been named California’s Most Recommended Health Insuranc... Read More
Associate Director, Market Analytics
POSITION: Associate Director, Market Analytics (Full-Time)
REPORTS TO: Chief of Strategic Operations
LOCATION: Washington, D.C.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a leadership organization that brings together innovative non-profit health plans and provider organizations that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care to their communities. ACHP member organizations provide coverage and care for nearly 19 million Americans. Drawing on years of experience, member organizations collaborate to identify problems, share information and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally.
The Associate Director of Market Analysis leads ACHP’s efforts helping member organizations maintain a competitive advantage in their markets. This individual designs and oversees quantitative assessments of member plans’ business performance. These products allow organizations to clearly understand their current positioning and identify opportunities for a stronger market presence. The associate director collaborates closely with senior health plan leaders to address the critical issues affecting health care markets and coordinates a learning agenda that promotes innovative thinking and solutions. The associate director also applies the knowledge learned through the data to quantify the impact of the key policy issues on ACHP’s advocacy agenda. Successful candidates will employ a thorough knowledge of health care markets, experience with database and query software as well as an understanding of analytic techniques to produce highly effective deliverables and programming for ACHP member organizations.
CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze health care market and related data to highlight business performance and opportunities.
- Develop presentations and reports that clearly and concisely summarize statistical data for key internal and external audiences.
- Oversee ACHP’s market-oriented databases including data maintenance, quality-assurance, report creation and custom programming.
- Partner with the ACHP policy team to create analytics around key legislative and regulatory issues, and to dissect the impact of policy proposals on member plans’ lines of business.
- Lead the analytics team to strategically assess the landscape of available data sources as well as analytic software and techniques.
- Conduct internal surveys and benchmarking among ACHP member organizations.
- Build close relationship with senior leaders from member plans to identify the critical issues affecting business performance.
- Facilitate member collaborations in the areas of marketing, product development and operations.
- Develop and coordinate ACHP’s learning agenda around market competiveness.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics, economics, business, public policy or similar area of study required; Advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- Significant project management experience.
- Quantitative analytic skills that include the ability to understand causative versus associative relationships and incorporate evaluations of various data collection methodologies.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and experience with database programming as well as data visualization software.
- Strong familiarity with a variety of health care data sources.
- Advanced understanding of health care markets including commercial and public programs.
- Familiarity with health plan operations a plus.
- Ability to make the connections between health care policy and real-world business dynamics.
- Excellent judgment and critical thinking skills.
- Confident and friendly verbal communication with a customer-focused mindset.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and strong organizational abilities.
Please submit a resume and cover letter via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at email@example.com. Please include Associate Director, Market Analysis, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.