HealthPartners President and CEO Mary Brainerd received the 2017 Women in Business Career Achievement Award. She received the award Read more »
Administrative and Governance Operations Intern (Fall 2015)
Position: Administrative and Governance Operations Intern (with stipend)
Location: Washington, D.C.
ACHP is a national leadership organization that brings together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care in their communities. ACHP and its members improve the health of the communities we serve and actively lead the transformation of health care so that it is safe, effective, patient-centered, timely, efficient and equitable. Drawing on years of experience, our members collaborate, share strategies and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally.
ACHP is seeking either a part-time or full-time administrative and governance operations intern for the fall 2015 semester. A modest stipend to supplement living expenses is available.
More information about ACHP can be found at www.achp.org.
ACHP offers challenging and exciting opportunities for students wishing to gain practical experience in assisting ACHP staff with implementing the organization’s operational strategy. Interns will be involved in ACHP’s day-to-day administrative and governance operations including:
- Working with the Administrative Governance Operations Team and the Administrative Management Team on administrative and governance projects, including streamlining ACHP’s electronic filing system
- Writing, editing and compiling summaries for the ACHP governance resource kit
- Editing/developing Website content
- Compiling queries
- Participating in special projects and performing other related duties
Desired Skills & Competencies
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal skills
- Solid communications skills
- Strong command of English grammar
- Confident and friendly verbal communication
- Ability to think creatively about complex issues
- Ability to manage and organize detailed assignments
- Ability to think critically, resourcefully and strategically
- Excellent administrative and team work skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Willing to take direction as well as proactively provide ideas
- Commitment to the mission and values of ACHP
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Minimum two years of undergraduate study in a field related to business, non-profit management or administration.
- An interest in health care is helpful, but not required.
- General interest in not-for-profit operations.
Please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how you think your skills make you a strong candidate for this internship, along with your available start and finish date and number of hours available, via e-mail to ACHP Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Administrative and Governance Operations Intern position, along with your first initial and last name in the subject line of your e-mail message.