01/12/2018 | St George News Intermountain Healthcare’s Dixie Regional Medic... Read More
ACHP Twitter Chat — The Spike in Drug Costs
Date: Thursday, March 31
Time: 12:00 – 12:30 p.m. EDT
Prescription drug costs, especially for chronic conditions, are rising alarmingly:
- The cost of treating the nation’s million-plus rheumatoid arthritis sufferers is expected to reach $9.3 billion by 2020 – a 45 percent jump from 2013.
- One in 11 Americans suffers from diabetes, and related medication spending is expected to rise 18.3 percent over the next three years.
- New drugs for multiple sclerosis, which affects more than 400,000 Americans, are being priced up to 25-60 percent higher than existing ones.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans invites you to join us for a Twitter chat on Thursday, March 31 from noon-12:30 p.m. EDT at #ACHPDrugCosts to discuss the high cost of prescription drugs and ways we can collectively begin to address the issue. The chat will explore issues including:
- How are high drug prices affecting people’s lives?
- How are health plans working with patients to ensure they receive proper treatment?
- How do you define the value of a drug?
- What are possible solutions to the cost problem?