Six members of the Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) earned 5 stars from the Centers for Medicare and Read more »
The Alliance of Community Health Plans (ACHP) is a national leadership organization bringing together innovative health plans and provider groups that are among America’s best at delivering affordable, high-quality coverage and care. ACHP’s member health plans provide coverage and care for more than 18 million Americans. These 21 organizations focus on improving the health of the communities they serve and are on the leading edge of innovations in affordability and quality of care, including primary care redesign, payment reforms, accountable health care delivery and use of information technology.
Drawing on years of experience, our members collaborate, share strategies and work toward solutions to some of health care’s biggest challenges. Their work is the foundation for ACHP’s advocacy on behalf of better health care nationally.
ACHP and its members improve the health of the communities we serve and actively lead the transformation of health care to promote high-quality, affordable care and superior consumer experience.
We realize our mission by:
- Providing a forum to solve our members’ most pressing challenges
- Advocating for better health and health care
- Developing quantitative and qualitative tools to improve performance and meet marketplace challenges
- Building the evidence base for health care improvement
ACHP Members Are
- Not-for-profit health plans or subsidiaries of not-for-profit health systems, or provider groups associated with health plans. Member organizations are located primarily in mid-sized and smaller markets and have deep roots in their communities.
- National leaders in health care quality that annually rank among the top-performing health plans in the nation.
- Innovators in delivering affordable, coordinated, multidisciplinary care, and pioneers in the use of electronic health records.
- Role models for other health plans in innovating to achieve the industry’s Triple Aim – better health, better care, at a lower cost.
The Alliance of Community Health Plans was founded in 1984 as The HMO Group to help independent health maintenance organizations identify and share best practices. The group changed its name, appointed new leadership and moved from New Jersey to Washington, D.C., in 2001. ACHP continues to help high-performing health plans and provider groups improve coverage and care and to advocate for policies that improve health and health care quality and affordability.